Vendor Frequently Asked Questions
Looking to be a vendor at Lilac Festival, but have a few questions. OR you’ve paid and confirmed as a vendor (congratulations) - now what?
Please check out our frequently asked questions below before contacting us.
We have hundreds of vendors and participating businesses in this event and our Inboxes always take the brunt of it. We are happy to answer your questions, but it might take some time, so we recommend referring to this list first before reaching out.
With that being said, if you don’t find the answer to your question below, please don’t hesitate to reach out. Please be patient and give us a two-week buffer period to respond and get you the information you need to successfully be a vendor at this year’s festival!
Am I automatically signed up when after I register and pay? Yes. Lilac Festival does not curate vendors. Once you have registered and paid your booth fee — you’re confirmed as participating in the festival. You receive a receipt and we will contact you in May about your booth space.
What’s the application process to become a vendor at Lilac Fest? There is no application process. To become a vendor you must register and pay for your booth space. The festival limits the inventory of vendor categories to ensure a balanced mix of vendor types. Vendor space is sold on a first-come, first-serve basis and generally sells out by April 1.
What’s included with registration? Registration includes a 10 x 10-foot space on the street and one 8 foot table. Promotion and advertising is done by the festival. Any additional items needed for your booth, including tents, canopies, extra tables, chairs and display items are to be supplied by the vendor.
Are tents provided? No. You can rent from a local tent supplier. They must be fire code rated, 10 x 10 in size and come with tent weights.
Tent and booth requirements: Max 10 x 10 in size. CAN ULC S109 fire rated. 25 pound weight for EACH leg of the tent and securely fastened to the frame of the tent. All displays and tables must remain underneath your tent and within the 10 x 10 space allotted. The festival adheres to strict emergency access regulations.
Are we allowed to share a booth space with another vendor? Sharing space is allowed if you are sharing with a business that is also in your vendor category. All products must remain within the 10 x 10 space allotted.
Can I play music at my booth or have performances at my booth? Amplified music and performances are not permitted.
Do I require a city permit or business license to be a vendor? No.
Am I allowed to promote my business and hand out marketing materials at the festival? Yes, however all engagement with attendees must take place in and around your booth location. Canvassing the crowd is not permitted throughout the festival site.
When do I find out about my booth location and set up details? Vendor setup instructions are emailed the first week of May and include set up details, arrival times and booth location. Event organizers reserve the right to place vendors accordingly. There is a field to input a location request on your registration form and we will do our best to honour the request.
Can I drive my vehicle onto the street for set up and tear down? Yes. Festival security will determine when it is safe for vehicles to access the street. Please be patient and park as close to your booth space as possible to allow for the flow of traffic.
- What marketing materials are provided by the festival for vendors? When set-up instructions are sent, the festival will provide a high-resolution logo and image to use in your own marketing. General event marketing is done through our social media and website. We also have partnerships with local news media and sponsors. The festival does not advertise individual participating vendors.
What marketing requirements are expected from vendors at the festival? Vendors are expected to promote the festival through their social media. It is an asset to have an online presence in order to promote your business and the overall festival. The responsibility of promoting the event and the details of event day is on the festival’s marketing team + the vendors attending the event.
What time do vendors need to be on the festival grounds to set up? This information is provided in your setup instructions. Generally speaking, vendors begin arriving at 7:00 am depending on location, however times for entry onto 4th Street are staggered and at the discretion of event organizers.
What if the event happens to be cancelled due to COVID-19? Lilac Festival is a rain or shine event. No refunds will be provided. If cancelled due to COVID, the festival will defer your registration fee and guarantee a spot for next year.
- Is there Wi-Fi available? No
- Is there power available? No
- Are generators allowed? No
- Can food trucks and food trailers use generators? Yes. The festival encourages inverter generators because they are much quieter and reduce emissions.
- Is there a water hookup available? No
- Is there grey water removal available? No
- Do I need insurance? We recommend holding general liability insurance for your business but it is not required to participate in the festival.
- If I need to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances, do I get my registration fee back?
- No refunds are provided. It is possible to contact the organizer to inquire about a vendor waitlist (if we are sold out of space) and the potential to sell your space to another vendor. This is not guaranteed and requires approval from the organizer before arranging to sell your space.
- Can I book multiple booths and can they be side-by-side, or in different locations? Yes, you can. During registration, indicate on your form if you want your booths in the same location or different locations.
- Are we allowed to sell alcohol? No, the festival is not licensed. Only licensed patios and restaurants that are attached to their existing storefronts may serve alcohol.
- Are we allowed to sell cannabis? No, the festival is not licensed for a cannabis consumption area.
You are sold out. Is there a waitlist? Yes. Add your business name to the list and we will respond if space becomes available.